Monday, August 31, 2015

Hello again, today I am going to talk a little bit about how I became interested in finance and economics!

Ever since I can remember, when I would come home form school my parents would be sitting in the living room watching the news. Or I would go to their office during the day and they would have the news on there, or some sort of show that covers the stock market. So whenever I came home or went there I would end up sitting their learning about current events, what the economy is doing, or anything to do with politics. I would ask all sorts of questions but often times didn't really understand what was going on. Ultimately, it was just some way for me to spend my time that I was also pretty curious about.

Later on, in my middle school and high school years, I was a little more aggressive in my questions and wanted to learn more about it. My grandma was actually the one that usually took the time to explain most things to me, or at least tried to. She has been following the economy, stock market, and politics for years and years, so I think that she was glad to see that I was also interested. She explained how the stock market works, what exactly stocks were, and all that good stuff. I became even more interested and started following it on my own time.

That's the background of how I became so interested in the stock market and the economy, and next time I'll continue that with some stories about how some high school classes kept my interest alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment