Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It's been awhile since I talked about my classes and how they are going, so that's what I will be doing over the next few blog posts.
The econ class I am taking, Game Theory and Strategy, has been more difficult than I expected, and has definitely been the most difficult econ course I have taken so far. Recently we have been focusing less on theory and more on applications of what we have learned. We have been learning about Auction Theory and Collective Action problems, which are very common situations in a lot of different real world jobs, especially politics. In addition to that, we have been learning a lot about Behavioral Economics, and why people do/do not always make rational choices when confronted with certain situations. It has been more fun to learn about these types of things rather than learning just theory with lots of math.

No comments:

Post a Comment