Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I want to talk a little about a project that I am working on in one of my classes. For my econ class, Game Theory and Strategy, we have formed teams and are competing in a "Competitive Strategy Game." This game allows us to use skills that we have learned in this class, as long as what we have learned in previous economics classes, in a simulation type experience.

There are 4 different potential markets that each team can enter, each with different entry costs, unit capacity costs, and marginal costs. Each team has different costs for each of these markets, so no two teams have identical costs to enter and produce in a market. This means that it could be advantageous for one team to enter market 1, while another team has higher costs and doesn't really want to enter that market.

I will explain a little more about the game next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment