Friday, September 4, 2015

Alright so to kind of wrap up the last couple of posts, I just want to talk a bit about my experience in the Economics and Finance classes here at NDSU. Starting with my very first semester of college, I have taken an economics class every single semester. This has kept my motivation going, while also allowing me to focus on other classes as well without spending all of my time thinking about economics. My experience in these classes has overall been a pretty positive one. I have learned quite a bit, developed good relationships with the teachers, and grown my interest in the area. This semester I am taking a course I have been waiting two years to take - Game Theory and Strategy. The basics of the class revolve around how people, or, more likely, businesses, strategically act and react to what other businesses do in their respective markets. Later on in the semester I will talk more about it.

After a semester or so I realized that since I came into college with a bunch of credits from AP classes, I had enough time in my four years to pick up another major. The logical choice based on my interests was, of course, finance. In order to do so, I had to take a few extra courses in order to be accepted into the college of business, but it was well worth it. For the last few semesters, I have taken  a couple business/finance courses each, and they have been very enjoyable. The finance courses have taught me how to better evaluate company's financials, how to evaluate stocks and bonds, among many other things. The finance and business courses required are extremely diverse, so I am very excited to continue taking these classes as well.

Overall I have been extremely lucky to receive such a good education only two years into my four year degree. All of my teachers have been very good and been willing to help out students to the best of their ability.

Next week I will talk about some more current events in the stock market and my thoughts about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment