Wednesday, September 23, 2015

So after about eight months of working in the call center, I was getting a little tired of it and wanted to find something different. I loved working at Gate City Bank though so I looked for job openings internally. There was a job opening in our Check Operations Department, which is part of the bigger Deposit Administrations department. The department as a whole does many different things, but as the name suggests all of the jobs are meant to support the Deposit part of the bank, which is all of the different accounts that customers can have, such as checking, savings, CDs, IRAs, etc.

Anyway, I applied for that job, had the interview, and switched over to that department at the beginning of January. Again, there was a lot of training for the job, but I was at least familiar with some of the programs that we used. In this new job, I have learned a lot more about how the front line tellers do their job and interact with them a lot more. I have also learned a lot more about some more complicated procedures of the bank involving electronic payments, stop payments, disputes, and things like that.

I am currently still working in this job and its become something that I really do enjoy. However, I am currently looking for other internships that I can do throughout my education, including the upcoming Spring and Summer. I'll talk a little bit about some of the jobs I am looking at next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment