Monday, September 14, 2015

So as I said, the next few posts I want to talk a little about my trip to China this summer, how it went, what I learned, my interest in the business culture, things like that.

For some reason that I can't really pinpoint, I've always been fascinated with the culture of the Asian countries, in particular with China. The year that I started high school, my school started to offer Chinese language class. I jumped on the opportunity and ended up taking that for four years. I learned more in that class about the culture than I did the actual language, and I knew from taking that class that one day I wanted to visit China.

When I got to college, I was extremely disappointed to learn that they didn't offer a Chinese class. I ended up not taking any language class, but still kept my interest and passion in the Chinese culture. So last year when a presenter came in to one of my business classes and talked about study abroad opportunities, I knew instantly that I wanted to do one in China. So that is exactly what I did. This summer, from August 3-16, I was in China on a faculty led study abroad trip. While we were there we did many things, among them visits of different businesses in China and seeing many cultural and historical sites. It was some of the best weeks of my life, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment