Sunday, September 27, 2015

So when we started our resume/portfolio assignment, I went on to CareerLink and started browsing the different internships that companies had posted on there. While I do have a good job, I think that having an internship in my field of interest would be extremely beneficial as well. After a few minutes of looking, I spotted a few that I would be extremely interested in. The first one is a Finance Co-Op with Bobcat company. This would be a great opportunity for me to get first-hand experience of what a career in corporate finance would be like. After researching the company a little bit, their values and mission really spoke to me, and I feel like it would make a great fit.

The second job posting that I saw was a summer internship with CoBank, which is a nationwide bank that mostly serves agricultural needs. This internship is for a credit analyst position, where I would get experience reviewing credit applications and writing summaries and reports to bring back to the managers.  This obviously would be a great move to further my career in the banking industry, and again the company sounds like a very solid one that I would enjoy working for.

I will probably end up actually applying for both, and see where the chips land.

No comments:

Post a Comment