Monday, September 21, 2015

This week I want to talk a little bit about my work experience at Gate City Bank.

I started working at Gate City in May of 2014, right at the end of my freshmen year of college. I was searching for jobs for the summer and potentially for the next school year, and given my major and my interests, I thought that a bank would be a perfect fit. I have lived in Fargo my whole life, and so I knew of Gate City and their good reputation throughout the community. I looked through their openings, and found one for the customer service center, aka the call center. The hours of the job fit nicely with my summer school schedule, and it seemed like something I would be good at, as well as a good entry level position into a bank for a college student.

So I ended up applying, and actually got a call back the very same day to set up an interview time. The interview went very well, and I started the job within the next two weeks and began my training. The job was actually a lot more complicated that I expected, as their was a lot of different information to learn, and every customer had the potential to ask you something that you didn't know. Overall though, it was a great job experience and I learned a lot about the bank and the industry as a whole.

I ended up moving to a different position within Gate City and the beginning of this year, and will talk about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment