Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Another of the classes that I'm taking this semester is Chinese language class. I am taking the class at Concordia through the Tri-College system, which is amazing because I was really sad that NDSU does not offer the class. Anyway, as I have mentioned earlier I've actually already taken a few years of Chinese in high school, so I was going in with at least a little bit of knowledge.

I knew right away that it was going to be an enjoyable class because I instantly started liking the teacher and his method of teaching. The first couple of weeks we were learning how to read the english alphabet version of the language so we would be able to put sounds to characters. A lot of that I remembered so it wasn't too difficult, and I was anxious to start getting into actual words and speaking the language.

The last few weeks of the class have definitely gotten a bit tougher with having to memorize all of the characters and the meanings, but it has been a lot of fun. It is really rewarding to be able to work hard learning things and see the efforts pay off. I really am looking forward to learning even more as the semester goes on, and even beyond that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment